were Spiritual Gifts passed from the apostles to others believers?
answer is found in Acts 8!
1. Simon the Sorcerer was baptized into
2. The gift of the Spirit was
given to him when he was saved. (Acts
3. He did not have any of the gifts
of the Holy Spirit.
4. He understood that the only way to get
the gifts of the Spirit was for the apostles to lay
their hands on him.
5. He tried to buy the power. (Acts 8:18,19)
preacher could do miracles, but he could not give others the power
to do miracles.
The apostles had
to send Peter and John to Samaria to lay hands on some of the
Samaritans...to give them power. These Samaritans could not pass
on the gifts.
After the apostles
died, there was no one left to pass on the gifts of the Spirit?
This explains I Corinthians 13:8.
"Love never fails. But where there are
prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will
be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away."