1. Chapters 1 and 2 give us the guidelines for counting and
organizing the camp pf Israel...and a list of each tribe. The
were 603,550 men 20 years or older who were able to serve in the
2. Chapter 4 assigns duties to the sons of
Aaron as their families were to be involved with the Tent of
3. In chapter 5 the requirements of the
Nazirite vow was given. This was a special vow of separation to the
4. Chapter 6 deals with purity in the camp
5. Chapter 7 gives details of the
construction and completion of the tabernacle.
6. Chapter 8 -10 describes the Levites
being made ceremonially clean so they can begin their priestly
7. Fire and quail are sent from God in
8. Chapter 12 tell us of the exploration of
the Promised Land. The general report was that the Israelites could
not take the land. A rebellion against God is found in the 14th
9. Another rebellion begins in chapter 16.
10. In chapter 20, the people murmur
against Moses and Aaron again. Moses does not honor God, strikes the
rock and takes credit for the water that comes out of the rock.
Because of this he was not allowed to enter the Promised Land.
11. In chapter 21 we find the story of
poisonous snakes invading the camp and Moses raising a bronze snake.
12. In chapters 22-25 the Moabite king
tries to get Balaam to curse Israel. As Balaam travels to curse
Israel, his donkey talks to him. God would not allow Balaam to curse
13. The people are numbered again in
14. Moses is allowed to see the Promised
15. The rest of the book is more laws and
rules given to the people before they start to enter the Promised